Here is just a smattering of what I accomplished and learned and did this year. Enjoy!
I finished writing a novel.
I made some art on my classroom wall.
I turned 36 and spent the day with my best friends!
I found out that even in times of sadness,
there is still room for laughs and silliness.
I discovered that friendship is truly one
of life's greatest blessings.
I learned that sometimes there is
nothing greater than blowing bubbles with a toddler.
![]() |
| (I also see that I had about five hair styles and just as many facial hair configurations.) |
I ate just a little bit of sushi with my brother and sis-in-law.
I did some sidewalk art with my niece.
I got to watch this amazing sunset with my best friend.
I took a glass fusion class with my best friend.
I did some camping with an amazing lady who ate my breakfast
quiches even though I badly burned them.
I got gussied up and saw Les Misérables.
2013 was a year of great trials and great triumphs. It was a year of change and growth. It was a year of belly laughs and body-wracking tears. But through it all, through all the ups and downs of life's roller coaster, it was a year of blessings, and it all culminated in this, my jump on Christmas day into a frozen Lake Michigan...
This picture, for me, sums up my entire year and my entrance into the new one. Here's to an even better 2014!!


.jpg)















Didn't you freeze to death in that water? and, will you come to MY classroom and put up some great art like that that you put in yours? Truly amazing!!
ReplyDeletehappy New Year. ;)
Thank you!! You're a teacher too?
DeleteLooks like a year spent with people you love and who love you. Hears to an awesome 2014!
ReplyDeleteLooks like it's been a great year!!! I love this format, by the way. Pictures say a ton about our lives.
ReplyDeleteThank you! Yeah, I thought this would be more fun than just writing everything out. Happy new year!
Delete